WISE, sponsored by DHS Employment First, is hosting the CESP Exam
What is The Certified Employment Support Professional™ Exam?
The CESP™ program is the first in the nation to create national guidelines to validate and support the training currently provided in the field. The certification program falls under the oversight of the Employment Support Professional Certification Council (ESPCC), established by the APSE Board of Directors.
Unlike training programs that provide a certificate of completion, the CESP™ certification sets a standard of knowledge and distinguish employment support professionals who have shown they have the skill and competence to perform the requirements of the job.
Created by subject matter experts and leaders in the field of disability employment, the CESP™ exam seeks to define the benchmarks for knowledge and competency in the field in the following areas:
- Application of Core Values and Principles to Practice & Legislation and Funding
- Individualized Assessment and Employment / Career Planning
- Community Research and Job Development
- Workplace and Related Supports
- Ongoing Supports
Oregon Testing Dates/ Location/ Time:
- November 16, 2016, 9:00-12:00pm Roth’s Fresh Catering (Founders N & R Room) Room) 1130 West Wallace Road NW Salem, OR 97304
Oregon Department of Human Services sponsorship for this exam:
Department of Human Services (DHS) Employment First (EF) Team will reimburse the exam fee for up to 125 Oregonians who take this exam and pass. The requirements for this reimbursement are outlined by DHS EF Team: You must be a current qualified employment service provider through the Oregon Office of Developmental Disabilities Services program.
To receive the reimbursement, you must send proof of BOTH items listed below to Washington Initiative for Supported Employment (WISE). Send to Jenny Crook at Jenny@gowise.org or WISE, 100 South King Street, Ste 260, Seattle, WA 98121:
1. Documentation that verifies you are currently a qualified employment service provider for developmental disability services.
· Provider certificate
· Provider enrollment agreement for contractors
2. Proof that you have passed the exam
**Please note that reimbursement funds are limited to the first 125 exam takers who send the required documentation to WISE and took a WISE coordinated exam during May 2015- May 2016. In addition, reimbursement requests will no longer be accepted after September 1, 2016.